Monday, February 4, 2008

Featured Stamper Challenge



I made this card this morning for this week's SCS Featured Stamper challenge. I loved looking through Renee's (aka prchvs) gallery. She has an awesome style. The way the challenge works is that you pick a card to CASE, but you make at least two changes from the original.

I copied this card of Renee's. I kept her layout, but changed the stamps and the colors. I also added and removed layers and changed the bottom word window punch to a pair of flowers. The layered flower has dimensionals between each layer, and each petal is outlined with a Stardust glitter pen. Scalloped rectangle is done with nestabilities.

Bear with me this week, as I may be a little sporadic with my posts. Last week, I finalized an arrangement to begin selling cards in a local boutique-y type consignment shop. I'm really excited to see how it will go. It could be the perfect opportunity for me because the store is open only one weekend a month. I get a chance to test the market without getting in over my head. My starting inventory will be a little different than I expected, so I have a lot of stamping to do between now and next Tuesday!

Stamps: Paint Prints (retired, I don't know why I pulled this one out!), Paisley (large chocolate chip background ... hard to see, even IRL)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Celery prints dp
Ink: Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: celery ribbon, polka dot sheer (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Three for You punch, 1/4" circle punch, "limeade" jewels (doodlebug designs), rectangle plain and scallop nestabilities (spellbinders), paper piercer, slot punch, dimensionals, stardust glitter pen

15 comments:

Unknown said...

amy...this is beautiful! love the pop of green against the chocolate!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Amy I could not agree more with Mercy. I LOVE the chocolate with the green. Your card is beautiful, stunning case!!!!

Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

love these colors together!!! beautiful card

Susie said...

Amy, your cards will sell very well - they are always so beautifully done.

pescbrico said...

This is simply wow! :)

Stephanie Hargis said...

Congratulations on being able to sell your cards! That must be SO exciting! I do have to say that I LOVE your cards. I especially like this one! You did a wonderful job. Keep those posts coming! :D

Tee said...

Wishing you all the best in the new venture..I'm sure all your cards will sell out in no time..I love the finishing that all of your cards have..They're just perfect.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, reminds me of mint chocolate!

Sandra Smart said...

really beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy....This morning I discovered the most fantastic thing! YOUR blog!! Enjoyed scanning back through earlier posts. Your ideas are so fresh & varied!
Just wanted to let you know that you have a new fan.
Kathy

Angel said...

LOVE this, Amy! And Good Luck with your new venture!

Kendra Hernandez said...

Amy this card is just gorgeous! I love that color combo too!

Dawn M said...

this is so pretty! love the color combo

Amber Porter said...

Wow the colors you used on this card are gorgeous! Love it!

Christa said...

I love your blog and check it regularly. I've been thinking of doing a similar venture with a boutique and selling my stuff. Do you mind my giving me some more information on how you are doing it? What products are they asking for and how does it work with payment? Thanks!