Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A cup of tea, a shady tree ...



Lots of fun My Favorite Things happenings to share with you before I get to today's card details. First, have you been following along with the MFT Idol contest? The Top 9 contestants have uploaded their fabulous creations, and now, America, it's time to VOTE. The eight contestants with the most votes move on to the next round. The poll closes tonight (Wednesday, 3/25) at 10 pm EST. And don't worry if you can't pick just one favorite. You can vote only once, but during that one vote, you can choose as many contestants as you want. Does that make sense?

Next comes the weekly "What's Up Wednesday" fun. Michele has shared instructions for a fabulous removeable bookmark card in this week's How'd They Do That tutorial. We'd love to see your bookmark cards, so that's our What's Up Wednesday Challenge for the week.

Have you seen MFT's new Bubble Bin feature? Here's an amazing chance to pick up some of your favorite MFT stamps at a fraction of the cost! But you have to act fast. Each Monday new sets are added to the Bubble Bin and the current ones will be removed. Some will rejoin the store at their regular price and some will disappear forever. One of my all-time favorite MFT images, Annie La Point's Chamomile is in there right now for a mere $2.75, as well as a handful of other sets.

And last, the current Weekly Spotlight is Flopsey! From now through Friday, March 27, you'll find all Flopsey sets on sale for only $8 each. The card above is one I made using the new Tea With Flopsey. I think this is my favorite Flopsey ever. The sentiment is just so perfect for a "just because" or "I miss you" card. I stamped the image in Versafine Onyx Black, clear embossed, then colored with Prismacolors and Gamsol. The leaves are a mixture of Certainly Celery, Old Olive, and Always Artichoke craft inks. For the sky, I used Ila's mop brush technique. The papers are from the Sweetbay collection by Memory Box.

Before I go, I posted this little number on SCS yesterday for the color challenge. I'll share it here, too:


It's a quick 4 1/4" notecard using Sara Williams's Spring Sprouts by My Favorite Things. I resisted the urge to pair this sentiment with prego belly shots on a scrapbook page, aren't you glad? In this context, I think it would make an adorable birthday card for a little girl. In those early years, they change so much between birthdays. The flower center is popped up and topped with a green button, and the grass is just some Kiwi Kiss paper that I cut into a fringe and tucked behind the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by today!



Flopsey:
Stamps: Tea With Flopsey (My Favorite Things)
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, PTI white, Memory Box Sweetbay dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, and Old Olive craft inks
Accessories: clear embossing powder, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stumps, SU clear button and Soft Sky stitched ribbon, burlap string (Pink Hedgehog Papercrafts), distressing tool, Labels 1 Nestabilities, corner rounder

Spring Sprouts:
Stamps: Sara Williams - Spring Sprouts (My Favorite Things)
Paper: PTI white, SU Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Pretty In Pink
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Making Memories button, SU linen thread, dimensionals, clear embossing powder, scallop border punch, Baja Breeze ribbon, circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, SU Pretty In Pink marker
Size: 4 1/4" square

22 comments:

Jenn said...

Both of your cards are super cute! I love the bright, cheery colors of the second one. :)

Emily said...

Adorable cards! Thanks for the awesome post...lots of good info on MFT. It's fast becoming one of my favorite stamp places. I adore Flopsey. You did a great job of coloring him/her on your card! Thanks for the link to Ila's mop brush technique too. I'm definitely going to check that out.

Libby Hickson said...

Love your Flopsey card - the colors are so pretty and your coloring is absolutely perfect. Love Ila's mop brush technique too, thanks for pointing us to that!

Dawn B. said...

I love tea and this Flopsey card is adorable Amy. GASP... I just ordered my first ever MFT stamps. I know I am sooo behind the stamping times. LOL.

I love your color challenge card too. Super job...TFS

Jackie Pedro said...

Amy, your Flopsey card is adorable! Love the DP!

The color challenge card is so pretty!!

Gretchen said...

Cute flopsy card! I really like all the different layers (and shapes of the layers) that you use, so creative! Thanks for the MFT links too- I placed an order today!

Jenn said...

oohh.. I love the colours of the Flopsy card - very pretty! And your second card is adorable! Love the big bow!!

Kathy Jones said...

Both cards are just beautiful!!! Love the layout and choice of colours on your first and the second is just so fun - I love it!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh Amy! These are both just STUNNING! That Flopsey is DARLING and I am in AWE of your coloring skills girlie!! LOVE your CC card too!!!

Sankari W. said...

Amy - this is just beautiful! You are one of my stamping Idols!!! (I have been a lurker on your blog - never felt worthy to comment - you are just amazing!!) These two cards are just perfect - the coloring, the design and layout! You are just amazing!!!

Best wishes,
Sankari :)

Anonymous said...

Amy, I love both of your cards but the bunny is my fav.......must be because he reminds me of Spring......which we're desparate for!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Amy, both cards are fabulous!! Love the Flopsy image in your first one...so sweet!
Your CC card came out so cute too...love your grass!

Riet said...

wowww Amy,what a beautiful cards,l love them all.

hugs Riet.x

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so darling, Amy both cards rock.

America said...

Hey Amy!! These are BOTH super adorable cards. I really love the softness of the colors and the combo of textures. They are so beautifully crafted - as always.

Angel said...

FAB cards, Amy!! I love em both!! :-)

Kimberly Crawford said...

Both cards are fabulous, but the coloring on the first one reminds me of a Beatrix Potter book! Gorgeous!

ChristineCreations said...

I absolutely adore the sentiment on the bunny card Amy! Just precious! Fantastic shading too!

Conniecrafter said...

love the country feel to the first card, great coloring, and the second card is too cute, great for a young girl!

Chris Franks said...

I love the bunny card! The colors are so pretty!

AlienAnessa said...

Jeepers, I can't believe (yes I can, it's just a statement) what an awesome job you did on the bunny and the tree and the sky, oh my!! =) I just love that card to pieces.

Then there's your "grown" card - love the flower and the grass and that perfect bow and the colors, your work rocks my eyes!!

Unknown said...

I love both these cards. The flopsey one is so soft and lovely, and I love the sweet Sara card. Eeeks. Adorable!