Saturday, May 23, 2009

I'm So Proud of You



How did it get to be Saturday already? I'm looking forward to the long holiday weekend, and want to wish my American readers a Happy Memorial Day weekend! If you're planning to fit some stamping time in, Jen's Sketch For You to Try is a great place to start. I love the vertical strips of paper on this one - great way to use some scraps.

Here's another look at Verve's new Up, Up and Away and Dare to Be You, which were both released last night. I'll say it again - I love these two sets!! (By the way, Verve is having a Memorial Day sale through My 31 - save 10%-20% on everything.) I used some Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday papers to create this kind of funky look. I realize I broke a "Jody rule" by mixing my white and ivory. I'm thinking it's one of those times where if you break the rule bad enough, you get to call it art - LOL! The glittered balloon looks a bit washed out in the photo, but in real life it's nice and vivid and sparkly.

Hope you'll play along with us! For inspiration, be sure to check out samples from the SFYTT gang:

Jen del Muro, with the sketch and guest designer Julie Lacey
Susan Liles
Kelly Lunceford
Carole Burrage
Amy Rohl

When you're ready to play, use Mr. Linky to hook up your creation to Jen's post, and if you upload to SCS, use keyword: SFYTT.

Thanks for stopping by!



Stamps: Up, Up and Away; Dare to Be You (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Prismatics Dark Brown Suede, SU Whisper White; Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday
Ink: Papertrey Dark Chocolate; Ranger Walnut Stain Distress, SU Soft Sky
Accessories: Copic markers, Art Institute superfine glitter, Spellbinders oval and circle Nestabilities, 7Gypsies hardware, Bazzill ribbon, EK Success Fleur-de-Lis and Dotted Wave border punches, foam adhesive, sewing machine

19 comments:

~Lori Roop said...

I used to think mixing white and ivory together was taboo.....but the more you do it....the better it looks!! lol

Amy, I love the sparkle you added to the balloon!! The PP is awesome and the border ties everything together smashingly!! :)

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is darling! What fun images! The colors are so cute, too! Great job as always!

Jackie Pedro said...

Rules....Schmules.....(I hope Jody is not reading this...giggle) This is fantastic, Amy! I just love the clouds in front of the balloon!

Anonymous said...

Tolle Karte, sehr ausgefallen, traumhaft schön. Liebe Grüße Andrea

Jenn said...

Stunning card Amy! I just love the Girl Friday paper! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

LOL...I did the same thing the other day and I keep waiting for her to yell at me! Gorgeous card!!

Judy Rozema said...

Totally COOL!!! LOVE that glitter and the colors of paper you chose!! You rocked this sketch! Gotta start doing Jen's sketches now that I am out of school!

Denise Marzec said...

Totally fun card!

Jody Morrow said...

Jackie and Jessie I AM reading! LMAO! Amy this cards ROCKS! EVEN IF you mixed white and ivory. I am thinking of it as part of the color combo. :) The paper was obviously made with both, so you're all good. Of course, you have your OWN set of rules and they are as follows:

1.) Everything Amy does freakin' ROCKS so who cares if you mix white and ivory... now if you leave a button naked, I WILL cringe... but only a little. *wink*

HUGS, crazy girl!

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely fabulous Amy! Love the colours and those new images are cute!!

Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend!

Beth Norman said...

Fantastic job! The colours are lovely. I don't use brown enough. How nice to use it with my fav combination of that green and turquoise (just painted my kitchen that green and the attached livingroom that turquoise). Great layout.

Unknown said...

Amy...this is sooo beautiful, can't wait to get my balloon set :)

kasmello said...

wow, what beautiful cards.

Kathy Jones said...

I've never seen anyone make white and ivory look so good!!! This is fabulous Amy - gorgeous colours, love the punched border and the balloon and sentiment are wonderful!!! :)

Carolina said...

Just had to come by and let you know how much I adored all your cards with this set...by far some of my favorites of all the sneak peeks!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Amy this is so great! Love it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Amy, this is so beautiful! Gorgeous colors and I think the white and cream together really highlights those puffy white clouds!

Melody said...

Beautiful card Amy. Love the color combo and the fun clouds.

Anonymous said...

I have had this one saved for awhile now as I loved it so much but have yet to tell you! WOW!