Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Let's Picnic



It's the last Wednesday of the month, and guess what that means? It's VIP day at My Favorite Things! For one day only - today - you'll have a chance to purchase one of June's new sets, Let's Picnic, a whole week early. It comes as part of the MFT VIP Package, which includes a bunch of other fun products, as well as PERKS, like an extra free set and being able to post pre-release teasers during next week's release party. Want to be a VIP?? Of course!! Hurry, quantities are limited. Last month's VIP package sold out quickly (like within a few hours).

In other MFT news, Candice has put together this week's How'd They Do That tutorial. She's the Copic queen, and she'll be sharing tips on identifying your light source and adding realistic shading, using your Copics (or any other coloring method). Also, we're down to the final two MFT Idol contestants!! You can see their awesome creations HERE, and then cast your vote before 10 pm today. (Be sure to read the voting instructions!) Congratulations to all of the MFT Idol contestants, and best of luck to 20something and Mrs. Mac!

I've stamped my image from Let's Picnic on MFT's Perfect Paper Panels and then colored with both Copics and Prismacolors. The blanket is paper pieced. I layered the image onto a combination of papers from K&Co's Wild Raspberry die-cut mat pad. These papers are die-cut with various decorative edges, such as the oversize Top Note-style die on the background panel. I wanted to keep that shape intact, so I made my card extra large at 5" x 7". Love this size! The cheese board and wine bottle are some of the wonderful little extras in this set.

Thanks for stopping by!



Stamps: Let's Picnic (My Favorite Things - to be released June 3)
Paper: MFT Perfect Paper Panels, Papertrey Vintage Cream, Prismatics Desert Coral Light, K&Co Wild Raspberry Die-Cut Mat Pad dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Old Paper Distress
Accessories: Papertrey buttons and ribbon, Sizzix swirl die, sewing machine

15 comments:

Kerry Johnson said...

Ack Amy!! Love your card - the colours are gorgeous and so are all those yummy layers! Not to mention the image!

~Lori Roop said...

Copics are definitely something I need to invest in!! This looks great Amy!! Lovely job!!

Niki Estes said...

Amy, this is so cute! I love all the layers and colors!

Gabriela said...

Holy moley! This is sensational. I adore the layers and layers of DPs and your coloring is exquisite. I am humbled by your talent and creative eye.

Becky said...

I love this card and the dp, and the image is awesome.

Judy Rozema said...

Amy, what fabulous paper piecing!! I love this fun card! Awesome ribbons!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute card!!! The colors and the image are so fun!!!

dpkennedy said...

Wow, great layering and combo of papers! This is really beautiful!

Jackie Pedro said...

What a fun card, Amy! Love the colors!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super duper cute Amy!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh I love all of your warm vibrant colors Amy! Beautiful!

Kathy Jones said...

So cool!!! Love the layout and all the buttons on the side!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Amy! I love that die cut you used for your background...it's awesome!

Jenn said...

Love the colors on this card! And the different shaped layers are great!

AlienAnessa said...

Good grief, Amy, this is one of my favorites in your repertoire!! The papers are great, the ribbon treatment is superb, and WOW on the way you did the image...I stinkin' love it!!! =)