Friday, May 1, 2009

New ODBD!

Our Daily Bread Designs has released two new stamp sets and a single stamp. They are all patriotic in nature - perfect for Memorial Day, Independence Day, honoring and thanking our military men and women, and a whole lot more!













We're also hosting a sketch challenge, and we'd love to have you play along! You can find all the details on the ODBD blog tomorrow, but in the meantime, here's the sketch so you can start thinkin':



And here's my take on the sketch:



The design team also added a little fun to the sketch, and so we are each working with a specific new product that Kelley is now carrying in the ODBD store. I know I've mentioned before that she's expanded the store considerably. The DT is having the best time playing with all the new goodies and we hope you will too! My product focus was either the Porcelain or Marrakech paper collections by Basic Grey. Hmmmm... Porcelain or Marrakech with patriotic sets? "Can't be done!" was my first thought. But here ya go - proof that you need not stay within the red/white/blue box for these awesome sets! Many of the other Bread Basket girls (our affectionate name for the DT) have also found creative ways to use products not specifically patriotic in nature. That said, for times when you DO want to use patriotic colors and papers, be sure to check out the collection of patriotic papers in the store. You can see them featured on the ODBD home page.

The first card I made with this set was definitely a traditional patriotic card:



This is a more clean-and-simple card than my normal style, and I really like it! Believe me, I tried adding a whole lot of layers and embellishments, because, well, that's just what I do (LOL!), but I kept taking them back off because this is what looked best to me!

As always, there's loads of inspiration for the new sets in the ODBD gallery. Check it out!

God Bless America
In God We Trust
I Pledge Allegiance

Got any fun Friday night plans?



Blessed Is the Nation (sketch card):
Stamps: In God We Trust (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream, Stampin' Up Night of Navy and Old Olive, Basic Grey Marrakech dp
Ink: SU Night of Navy craft, Night of Navy classic, Sage Shadow classic
Accessories: Labels 4 Nestabilities, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Basic Grey Marrackech glazed brads, Spellbinders Piercabilities, Cuttlebug embossing folder, ribbon and lace (source unknown)
Size: 5 1/2" square

God Bless America:
Stamps: In God We Trust (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Papertrey Kraft and White, Stampin' Up Real Red and Night of Navy
Ink: SU Night of Navy, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, SU Real Red brads, Pink Hedgehog Papercrafts navy and white brads, Scor-Pal, foam adhesive
Size: 6 1/2 x 3 1/4"

19 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh Amy, these are absolutely gorgeous. Your cards are always so fun to look at. I love that new Eagle stamp and the three torn edges. The first card has so many awesome details...the layered labels four with the sponging, the big brad in the middle of the ribbon, the edging...AWESOME!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Amy! The first one is your classic beautiful style with all of the frills...I'm drooling!! The second is sooooo cool...I love the torn edges and the row of brads!!!

Lorelie Kim said...

Both are so beautiful!! The mini butterflies are adorable and the torn edges of the eagle card is so rugged!!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Amy these are awesome!!! I love the coloured torn edges for your second card - looks so striking!!! The sketch card is so amazing with all the details and gorgeous colours and I just love the label 3 die with the inked edges and the stunning ribbons!!

Anonymous said...

Yowza girl!!! I love your take on everything. Your sketch turned out awesome and I love, love, love the eagle card!!
--Hugs Becca

Sandee Shanabrough said...

My goodness Amy these cards are amazing!

Unknown said...

OMGosh...these are AWESOME! Who would have thought you could use Marakech paper for a patriotic card! And I LOVE the eagle card with all the torn paper. Fabulous details, but then you always do that so well! :-)

stamper2 said...

As always, Amy.........your cards ROCK!! I agree with the Eagle card.......I loved it right away, for it's simplicity! The row of brads tugged at my heart......love that red, white and blue together.
It just says AMERICA!! :)

Sue

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Amy!! Gorgeous!! I love them both. The first one with your take on the sketch is so awesome. I love the butterflies and all the frills! The second is magnificent with the torn edges!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Lori said...

Both cards are Awesome!! Your cards are always so Pretty Amy!! I love your work!

Silke Ledlow said...

Amy - both cards are just gorgeous!!! The new Release looks wonderful and you really displayed the Set's perfectly :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Girl, you could make somethin' outta nothin'!! So porcelain or marrakech...no problem!! Both of these cards are FABULOUS!! Love the texture, colors and all the fabulous details of the first. And your torn edges with the eagle on the second are perfect!! Awesome!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh my goodness sakes Amy...that Marrakech card just captivated me. Perfection...I seriously went and got my paper pack just to use it on a card next! Gorgeous inspiration!

AlienAnessa said...

Good golly Amy, your take on the sketch just leaves me in awe. You add touches I wouldn't have thought of, and then some!!! I'll be ogling this one for a long time to come!!!

Speaking of awe, I left you a gift on my blog, I couldn't help it.

Judy Rozema said...

You NAILED and ROCKED the challenge, Amy!! Wow! I am so impressed! Love the torn edges and the classic look of the RWB card and I am bowing in awe at the Marrakech!! :)

I am proud and hereby award you 50,001 Astro Blaster points! LOL

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful cards, Amy! I really love everything about your sketch card. Perfect colors and design! And your patriotic card is so neat, too!

America said...

GREAT job on the challenges as always AMY. Oh, and IM TOTALLY in love with this patriotic card ..... :), America

Sandy said...

Amy these are wonderful stamps! And of course wonderful cards too. :)

Cardsforheroes.org is going to have a Memorial Day bloghop, would you be interested in joining the fun? Here's more info:
BloghopHave a blessed day!

AlienAnessa said...

Wowy Amy, your blessed is the nation card is a thing of beauty quite possibly beyond words! The papers, the ribbons, the lace, the brads, the inking of the Nesties cut-outs, it's all just so stinking beautiful!!