Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ready ... Set ... BLOW!



I found the mother lode of stamping supplies in my mailbox on Tuesday (well actually on my doorstep as the loot did not fit in my box): not-yet-released June stamps from all of my design teams (start saving your pennies, I'll say!), plus my monthly scrapbooking kit from Paper Posies, in which I found some lovely dps from Crate Paper's Lillian collection. Mmmmm, mmmmmm. Nothing like new goodies to rev up the creativity. I used the newly released Birthday Flopsey set by My Favorite Things along with SCS sketch challenge #228 and Susan's "Ribbon-Button-Loopy-Thing" from yesterday's How'd They Do That tutorial. Check out MFT's new button collections HERE. The glitter was added to the cake and around the candles following the steps Linda Heavens posted HERE. Fun stuff!

After staying up half the night to finish up My Sister's Keeper by Jody Piccoult (a tear-jerker ending for sure), I spent the morning watching my middle child graduate from preschool. I'm an emotional mess (in a good way)! Stamping therapy, you think? (And now you know why I haven't stamped as much the past few days. There's not a lot that will keep me out of my stamp room, but a good novel is definitely one of them!)

Have a fantastic day!



Stamps: Birthday Flopsey (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Papertrey White, SU Basic Black, MFT Perfect Paper Panels, Crate Paper's Lillian collection
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: SU glitter, Copics, Prismacolors/Gamsol/blending stumps, clear embossing powder, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, 1 1/4" circle punch (for large scallops), Offray black ricrac, SU Baja Breeze striped ribbon, MFT button
Size: 5 1/2" square

21 comments:

Debbie said...

I love Jodi Piccoult! Vanishing Acts is on my shelf waiting for me to finish my current book.

Cute card. Flopsey Birthday is already on my "saving my pennies for..." list. From the sounds of things, maybe I need to start saving nickels or dimes. :D

Danielle said...

So very cute Amy! Gorgeous new stamp image and I love all the glitter on that birthday cake! Awesome ribbon/button treatment - will have to try that one!
Hugs, Danielle

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super duper cute Amy!!

Betty Wright said...

Amy, this is so darling!!! I agree there is nothing like stamping and reading!!! Love this cute card. Great colors, coloring, and I do love how the glitter frosting is on the cake. Great card!!!

Becky said...

This is so sweet, love this bunny and the colors are gorgeous.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Awesome card Amy! Love the image, dp, colours, black accents and your colouring/shading is fantastic! Thanks!

Barbara said...

This card is so adorable! I like that ribbon-button-loopy-thing and will check out the tutorial. But I really like that button you used -- it is so unique and, to me, looks like a candle with the wick, matching the birthday cake theme really well. Nice colors, and so cheerful.

Barb

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my, that glittery cake is too cool! Gorgeous card, Amy!

Dawn Easton said...

Love that cake Amy! This card is adorable! Ohhhhhhhh new stamps...fun fun fun!!!

Joseline said...

What an adorable card Amy! Love the new Birthday Flopsey stamp. He is so cute; or should I say She? ;o)

Your cards are absolutely wonderful.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your coloring is outstanding Amy! And I LOVE the large scallops on the side. Love the dp's you used too. Darling card!

A Walk With Faith said...

Amy your card is adorable. I have admired your work on ODBD and how you lift up the Lord with your beautiful cards.
I am inviting you to drop in at my blog http://awalkwithfaith.blogspot.com to pick up an award I would love to give to you. I look forward to seeing you there.
Blessings,
Faith

Christyne said...

Cute, cute, CUTE!!! I ordered one click and can't WAIT till it gets here!

Jackie Pedro said...

Darling, Amy! Love Susan's Ribbon Button Loopy Thing! LOL!

Kim said...

So, so CUTE, Amy!!

Monica-FC said...

I sure love how th card came out and how the glitter on the cake makes it shine so.

AlienAnessa said...

Oh my holy goodness, Amy, this is absolutely adorable! Love the papers and the bunny and the cake and the ribbon, well I guess everything!

Conniecrafter said...

the image is just too cute, great coloring and so love that sentiment with it!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Totally adorable!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - totally cute card - Amy!!! Love all the different details you added to this sweet card!!!

Millie said...

I love a good book too!! The colors of this card inspired me this weekend.