Saturday, June 27, 2009

You're the Best



I seriously thought Jen was trying to kill us all with her Sketch for You To Try this week. I really struggled at first! Have a look over at i{heart}2stamp. I kept envisioning something funky, hip, and scrappy, but I made a U-turn and headed for an old stand-by instead - black and white, or in this case, black and neutrals. Funny how we have our "comfy old sweats" types of cards - the ones we just settle right into without thinking too much. This ended up being one of those :)

I'm loving Verve's new Kindred Spirits. The two fleur-de-lis are stamped in black, clear embossed and popped up for dimension. The papers are all from Die Cuts With a View's La Creme collection. I found the yummy ribbon on clearance recently at one of my local craft stores - AC Moore maybe? I like how the gingham and button add a bit of a country look to the elegant fleur-de-lis. All of the new Verve stamp sets are now officially available in the Verve store. You'll find the sets sold individually, as well as value pricing on the entire release for a limited time.

I can't wait to see what the SFYTT sistahs have done with this sketch. Here they are:

Jen del Muro with guest designer Ashley Newell
Amy Rohl
Carole Burrage
Kelly Lunceford
Susan Liles

Hope you can play along, too. Despite my rough start, it ended up being a really fun sketch to work with. Link up your card to Jen's post and remember to use keyword SFYTT if you upload to Splitcoast.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you have a fantastic weekend! If you're in the Northern Virginia or Maryland area, think about heading out to the Great American Scrapbook Convention at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, Virginia. I'll be hanging out there for at least part of the day. There's a good chance you'll find me at the My Favorite Things booth or wandering around nearby. I'd love to say hi!



Stamps: Kindred Spirits (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream and White; DCWV La Creme dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Spellbinders circle and mega curved rectangle Nestabiltiies; Spellbinders Fancy Scalloped Border Piercabilities and tag die, May Arts burlap string, PTI button, Making Memories gingham ribbon, SU pearls

27 comments:

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is beautiful! YOu have used some of my *all-time* favorite ribbon on this! Isn't it scrumptious! I love it! Great design as always!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colour combo and mix of DPs. Another classic Amy card :D

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Superb, Amy! Very elegant, and that gingham throws in a little shabby-chic, too! :)

Deborah Young said...

This is so beautiful! I bought ALL of the Verve stamps after last night's party. Now I am going to have to buy this DCWV paper stack!

Deb
www.scrapbookczar.blogspot.com

Susie said...

So elegant and beautiful. The pearls look wonderful. Your struggle was worth it.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Girl...where do you come up with all your fabulous ideas!?!? This card is just AMAZING!! I love all the different shapes and patterns! And the colors and embellishments...FANTASTIC!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card... as always. :)

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

The card is so wonderful. I love your Blog and look every day ago. Today I will store him with myself, I hope, you have nothing against it.
Greatings of germany.
Annette

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love the all the different black design paper.

Amy Rohl said...

I'm so glad you pulled on your comfy sweats, because I LOVE THIS card! The black and neutrals can park their boots under my bed any day, and the gingham is sooo perfect!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I absolutely love your creations!!! Everything about them is inspiring! I'm celebrating being on my first DT with some blog candy and would love for you to join in the celebration...Abby:)

Barbara said...

Amy, this is a stunning card! I think I like the black and neutral better than black and white -- it looks so rich! That is quite a sketch, too. I have it on my list to try this week. Your take on it is brilliant!

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO...your feed and jen's always come together with jen's first so i open the email, look at jen's sketch and think dear lord....then when i read yours - i had the same thought - jen's trying to kill us with this one!

yours turned out gorgeous!!! no idea if i will get a chance to play but i hope so!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, another amazing card! I love the black and neutrals...I myself NEVER grow tired of seeing your 'comfy' projects....everything you create is an inspiration!!!

Unknown said...

You just never disappoint Amy!!!
Viv xxx

Angel said...

I love this, Amy! The black and neutral is gorgeous with the Fleur-de-lis! I've been at your site for a while now. YOU've been rockin with all of the new Verve. LOVE your stuff, girl! {{hugs}}

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - GF!!! You rocked the Sketch!!! Absolutely EXQUISITE!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is stunning! I'm not good at using black but you sure know how to make some GORGEOUS cards with it!!

jen del muro said...

WOW! You always take "it" to the next level! I am in love with this card! Hugs-Jd

Jessie/knightrone said...

Omgosh, this is totally fabulous!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Amy Sheffer + Black and White = THUD!!!!!!!!!!!

Grace said...

Amy you never cease to amaze me! I love how you pulled all the black, white and neutrals together so beautifully! Love the fleu de lis... love the ribbon... just love it!

Kathi said...

Wow! What an awesome and stunning card! Love the black and neutrals together, so elegant! You are such an inspiration, I love coming to your blog everyday!

Judy Rozema said...

What a fabulous card - you did such an awesome job with the sketch! LOVE the ribbon and all the details!

Desire Fourie said...

Just stunning Amy. I agree, this colour combo is always striking. Love the design. Hugs from Desire

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Amy!!! Love the black and white and I have become very partial to Fleur De Lis as of late. Love the ribbon too! Very classy and elegant! Beautiful job on the sketch!

Hope you are having a great day!

hugs,
Chris

AlienAnessa said...

Don't you just love that paper?? So elegant, and the flocking is delicious (no, I haven't tried a bite yet). I love your elegant cards so much!! =)