Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happiness Is Like Perfume ...



This great quote, along with the perfume bottle image, comes from the new Puttin' On the Glitz set by My Favorite Things Presents. I used this week's MFT sketch for my layout. The weekly sketch challenges, as well as the weekly My Favorite Challenges, are always posted on Thursdays in the MFT Forum on SCS. You have a week to enter, and then the winner for each challenge is announced the following week. As always, all are welcome and encouraged to play along!

[Updated: A question was asked about the Top Note die and the layering. I hand-trimmed the ivory mat around the Top Note die. The sentiment panel is cut and embossed with one of the Deckle Edge Rectangle Nestabilities. Hope that helps!]

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Puttin' On the Glitz (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream, Basic Grey Porcelain
Ink: Ranger Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities, Stampin' Up Top Note die and grosgrain ribbon, Kaiser craft adhesive pearls, sewing machine, foam adhesive

22 comments:

June Houck said...

Beautiful! Love those papers, color scheme, LO, and MFT stamps...you've got me hooked on them :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
I love your blog and watch it like a hawk!! This card is really beautiful. I'm wondering if you can tell me what you layered the top note die with? Is that one of the Nestabilities label dies? You do beautiful work and thank you so much for sharing!

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO gorgeous! I love that you made the sentiment the focus!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Amy just Beautiful, I'm in Awe of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Amen to that sister! Beautifully done!

Many Blessings,
M.

~Lori Roop said...

So lovely Amy!! Great details....as always!! :D

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This card is soooooo wonderful.
I love your kind how you emphasise texts simply so.
Great made.

Melody said...

Love how you used that great sentiment. Such pretty colors!

Gail said...

beautiful card! I love the colors and textures.

Gabriela said...

Love that quote and LOVe that card! What yummy rich DPs you've chosen. And I adore that beautiful bow accented so delicately with the tiny pearls. You get an A+ today.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous!!! Just the perfect balance of whimsy and elegance! Your work really is amazing.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh, Amy! This is DIVINE!!! Beautiful colors and love the entire design!

Jerri Kay said...

A fabulous design Amy, love the richness of your papers, perfect for the perfume bottle, rich and elegant!

Lynda Benden said...

So pretty Amy! Love the colors and the sentiment is great! The perfume bottle is fantastic too!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Amy! Love the layers and the colors

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooh Amy this is gorgeous!!! Love the colours and the layout is fantastic!!! Love that saying and the super cute perfume bottle too!!! :)

Regina Easter said...

firs time vistor to your site....omg, you are amazing...hugs

Unknown said...

Jaw-dropping, just totally jaw-dropping. I really do LOVE your blog Amy!
Viv xxx

Jenn said...

Absolutely amazing!! This card is beautiful!! The colors are devine and I love all the layers!!

Lynn Put said...

Absolutely fabulous!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty, I love it!!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful! I love all the matted layers and the colours are fabulous!