Friday, April 30, 2010

Introducing ... Die-namics!



My Favorite Things is proud to introduce its new line of exclusive dies -- MFT Die-namics! These are high quality, American-made steel dies. We're kicking off this new line with three fabulous designs - Clouds (one die, three different clouds on it), Jumbo Scallops edge die, and Scalloped Scallops edge die. The dies will be available for purchase this coming Wednesday, May 5, along with one of the most fabulous MFT stamp releases ever! In the meantime, we thought we'd whet your appetite by showing off some Die-namics Teasers. Visit Kim at the MFT blog for a complete list of designers posting teasers today.

Ready for my project?



I've worked with two of the dies - Jumbo Scallops edge die and Clouds. You'll see two rows of Jumbo Scallops along the bottom. I cut them from Creative Imaginations Real Wood Veneer paper - very cool stuff. It really is real wood (in this case, cherry), but thin enough to behave just like paper. I used the exact same Cuttlebug sandwich that I use for card stock and designer paper (A plate, B plate, wood paper, die [cutting side down], C plate). The Die-namics die cut the wood paper beautifully - crisp, clean, precise.

Do you see the Clouds trio? Instead of making clouds, I used them to add some foliage to the tree image from the new Sheltering Tree stamp set. Total happy accident while I was playing around with some white velvet paper clouds and the tree trunk. Granted, it's not a giant creative leap from clouds to trees, but I was still tickled :)

I finished the card off with some machine stitching, distressed edges, twill, burlap string, and a pieced sentiment. The green polka dot, green vertical stripe (used here for grassy slope) and brown polka dot patterns are all from MFT's Sheltering Tree digi paper pack. The blue pattern I used for the sky is from MFT's Summer Collection paper pack. I should also mention the odd size of this one - 4 1/2" wide by 7 1/2" tall.

Last, here's a look at the inside. The picture isn't the greatest (lighting issues), but you can get the gist still. The DARLING owl pair is also part of Sheltering Tree. Coloring is with Copics.



Check back tomorrow, as MFT begins five days of stamp set Teasers, all leading up to release day next Wednesday! It's an exciting time at MFT!

Thanks so much for visiting!

35 comments:

Jennifer said...

AMAZING!! I just LOVE your cards!!

Jennifer said...

BTW, LOVE the dies also!!!

StampOwl said...

love the use of the clouds for the tree.

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

GORGEOUS Amy!!! How do you do it?

Lisa H. said...

oh, AMY! this is gorgeous. seriously, that tree with those clouds is perfect! what a great idea and just made this die worth every cent!

Marimer said...

Ves es que tu coges un sello y lo transformas con tus ideas, eso no se puede comprar, felicidades, precioso trabajo.
esitos.

Christina Fischer said...

Totally fabulous!! What a brilliant idea to use the clouds as foliage! That veneer is too cool!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic news! Love the wood you used on your scallops...that is cool girl! Fabulous creations!

Karen Motz said...

What a super cool use of the clouds die!!! Gorgeous!!!

Kim said...

Gorgeous Amy! And the cloud as tree foliage is genius!!!

Kirsty said...

I love, love, love the clouds as trees! Awesome!

Kerry Johnson said...

Wow!! Amy the clouds as greenery is genius! And I love the scalloped edges!! Amazing card!

cristinoel said...

Love your interpretation of this stamp set and the use of the dies.

Broni said...

Amy, I just LOVE how you used the clouds die cuts as part of the trees! Brilliant!!!

Chris said...

absolutely gorgeous. I just love the clouds as trees and the veneer looks divine. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the card.

Allison Cope said...

Freakin' adorable card! Love the paper you used! So sweet!

Sherrie said...

LOOOOVE it with real wood paper! Totally worth the trip:)
Gorgeous layout too Amy!

Beate said...

Amy, what a great idea to use the clouds on a tree! Your card looks amazing inside and out!
Have a wonderful weeeknd
Hugs and smiles

Wendi Hayes said...

Beautiful card. I love how you used the cloud dies for the tree.

Beth M said...

I love the use of the clouds for the tree! Super cute! The little owls inside are adorable too!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Awwww yeah! This is off the hook stunning! LOVE the polka dotted tree top with the dies. Too clever!

Cindy Haffner said...

PERFECT Amy!!

Megan said...

Brilliant! Of course they could be leaves--you're so smart!! This looks amazing. I'm going to have to hunt down some of that wood paper now. :)

Michele B said...

SO cute, Amy! And you are SO darn creative to use those clouds as tree parts! I LOVE it! (I love that scalloped wood too!)

Jody Morrow said...

O M G... AMAZING! Your tree trunk, the cloud tree... the amazing wood scallops... *swoon* *sigh* *hearts in my eyes*

Barbara said...

Genius to use the clouds for the tree, Amy! And I love that wood!!! Gorgeous card!

g said...

awesome cloud tree & that wood paper is gorgeous! LOVE this one too!!

Melody said...

Great way to use the clouds Amy! So creative! Love the wood.

Noreen said...

I love both cards - especially you did the scallops on them.

craftykitty said...

I LOVE it! I would have never thought to use the clouds as "leaves"!! SO CUTE! I might have to buy this stamp set & die template! ;-)

Erin Smetak said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you used the cloud dies for the leaves on the tree! Genius!

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, love the wood scallops and the idea of using the clouds for the tree is neat!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally gorgeous!! I love it!!

cheryl mezzetti said...

amy i would love to do a feature of you and your beautiful cards you created using our real wood product.
If you are interested can you drop me an email at ceeangels@aol.com?
Your work is incredible.
thank you

Jessica Diedrich said...

Gahhhh I don't even know what to say-this is such a gorgeous card...definitely one of my favorites! BEAUTIFUL work, Amy!!!