Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Little Yellow Schoolhouse



After making a more masculine teacher appreciation card a short while back, I promised my little girl I would come up with something more girly for her two female teachers. I started off with this cute schoolhouse image from Make the Grade by Taylored Expressions. Love the variety of imagery in this set (I haven't even used my favorite image yet)! I colored the schoolhouse a warm yellow using Prismacolor pencils. The papers are all by October Afternoon (Farm Fresh and Report Card).

The layout is Jen's Sketch for You To Try from this past Saturday. Yay! I was able to get something made after all, albeit a few days late. Here's the sketch:



And here are more links for inspiration (if you haven't already seen them):

Jen del Muro with guest designer Makeesha Byl
Amber Hight
Amy Rohl
Leigh O'Brien
Kelly Lunceford
Megan Lock
Jenn Diercks
Sony Christoph
Susan Liles (taking a break this week due to Eric's chemo schedule. Please continue to pray for them!)

To play along, just upload your sketch card to the appropriate slideshow sketch (there's a new slideshow for each new sketch).

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Make the Grade (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Stampin Up Ivory Naturals card stock, My Favorite Things Creme Perfect Paper Panels, Stampin Up Very Vanilla, October Afternoon Farm Fresh and Report Card dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stump, sewing machine, foam tape, Creative Memories circle punch, natural burlap string, Stampin' Up mini binder clip
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2)

16 comments:

Oliwiaen said...

I guess I wouldn't mind attending such school :-) So, is the desk your favourite? :-)
I admire the perfect so-close-to-the-edge stitching!

Tini A. said...

Oh Amy,
this is really a beautiful card! Love your design.
Hugs from Germany

Kelly said...

That card is simply gorgeous!

Country Mouse said...

Very cute, love it!

Anonymous said...

Amy, this is just perfect! I was looking for ideas for the teachers at our school, perfect timing!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute! You ROCKED that layout. LOVE it.

Jenn Diercks said...

This is fantastic! With Teacher Appreciation week right around the corner I have to get started on my own cards now that I'm almost done with all of the PTO ones.

The papers and images are wonderful. What a beautiful card.

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely love this, Amy!! I think I could have an Amy book and just drool over your cards all day. Your work is just amazing!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card and colors you used on it!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so flippin' cute, Amy! I absolutely love the layout and how you colored the school house!! I hope whatever teacher receives this appreciates your TALENT!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely gorgeous Amy!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Amy, this is GORGEOUS! oh my goodness! LOVE that yellow school house!

~Etoile~ said...

Wow this card look terrific!

Erin Smetak said...

Just gorgeous! So vintage school house! LOVE IT!!!! I haven't been by in a while, so I thought I would stop and leave some love for ya! As always, each creation is more beautiful than the one before! Hugs! Erin

Conniecrafter said...

Terrific coloring, and love your grass, cute tag, great job with the sketch!

Taylor said...

WOWZERS, Amy!! This card is absolutely gorgeous! I SO love your coloring! I feel inspired to get out my Prismacolor pencils, although I know my coloring wouldn't turn out half as nicely as yours did!