Monday, April 5, 2010

MFTeaser: Birthday Princess



It's Day Three of My Favorite Things Teasers, and today is all about the adorable Pure Innocence line. Four new sets (three little PI girls, and one Boy & Dog) will be released this Wednesday, April 7, at 10 pm EST. Visit Kim's blog today anytime after 11 am EST for links to all of today's MFTeasers.

I've used the new Birthday Princess and some colorful papers from My Mind's Eye for a sweet birthday card. The dress and crown are paper pieced and the rest of the image is colored with Copics. The cake, candles, and crown also sport some clear glitter for just a bit of festive sparkle. I added some blue shading around the image using Prismacolor pencils and sponged some light aqua ink around the perimeter with the Spellbinders die still in place. Some Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon, machine stitching, a pink button with twine, and a punched border provide the finishing touches.

If you missed yesterday's MFTeasers, click HERE for the full list. We introduced two lovable new characters yesterday, and they are CA-UTE!

Join MFT on Wednesday night from 8-10 pm EST for our New Release Cocktail Party in the MFT Forum on SCS. To follow,we'll have our 10 pm blop hop recap, starting with Kim. Last, if you haven't finished up an entry for Jessie's guest designer challenge, you still have time! Deadline is tomorrow night (Tuesday, April 6) at 10 pm EST.

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Birthday Princess (My Favorite Things)
Paper: My Mind's Eye Home 4x6 mat pad, Wild Wasabi card stock, MFT Perfect Paper Panel
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, Spellbinders square and circle Nestabilities, SU Wild Wasabi ribbon and Rose Red button, May Arts burlap string, clear glitter, glue pen, sewing machine, Martha Stewart Deco Shells border punch

22 comments:

Country Mouse said...

I've got to get this stamp for sure! Love your colors and paper piecing! You did a wonderful job...like always!:)
audrey

Kerry Johnson said...

So gorgeous AMy!! I just love all your embellishments - they are perfect!

Niki Estes said...

So cute, Amy! I love your sketch and all the layers and embellishments!

Barbara said...

Awwww, how adorable is this?! Love those papers, Amy, and that double ribbon! Too cute is what it is!

Megan said...

You're good. If I tried to put a button in the corner, it wouldn't look right. When you do it, it looks stunningly perfect. Even if I got a little bit better for the next 50 years, I still wouldn't be as good as you. I could try CASEing your stuff!! That's my only hope. ;)

Melody said...

Darling card Amy!! Love the double ribbon!

Cindy Haffner said...

Amy a visit to your blog is always such a DELIGHT.

donna mikasa said...

Cuteness! I love all the added details on your card! Looking forward to the release!

Marja Sch said...

Such a cute card, lovely. Hugs Marja

g said...

LOVE love it! you even apply glitter perfectly LOL! sigh-your work is always amazing and so inspiring! love that double ribbon & all your sweet details!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic, Amy! Here's another image I MUST get ;) Cute card!

StampOwl said...

gorgeous Amy

Carolyn King said...

she is adorable and your card is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy! Can I be you when I grow up, cause you rock! Love this new PI girl and your card is hot girl!

Sissy Faulkner said...

I just love the birtday card! Colors are great!!!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

ouh Amy this is adorable!! I love how you framed the button!!! Such a great look and the double ribbons? LOVE it!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Oh Amy - this is just adorable!!!! Love the paper piercing, great design and beautiful colouring!!

Heidi Karpen said...

So cute Amy- love the colors in the paper you chose!

Mary said...

Love those butterflies!

Katy said...

LOVE IT!!! You know what I love about you...the DETAILS!!! The way you knotch out a space for your button...you don't just throw it on there...you stitch, your emboss, you shade...you add two ribbons for equality...love IT and love YOU!!!

Marie Bingaman said...

Oh, this card is yummy, Amy! I love that shade of green, and the image is so freakin' cute! It would be so perfect for a little girl's party I'm going to next weekend, if only she were mine! LOL :)

Conniecrafter said...

she is just too cute, love the paper piecing, the ribbon treatment and the way you did the sentiment!