Saturday, April 24, 2010

An Occasion to Smile



Happy Saturday, blog friends! I'm enjoying today with my family, grandparents and cousins, who have all gathered to celebrate my youngest son's third birthday. Happy Birthday, Gabriel!

Before I get to today's card details, I have just a couple of things to share. First, Verve's fantastic Beach Party Release was last night - such a fun time at the release party last night, and the best part is that all those gorgeous images and sentiments you saw last week are now available in the store. Save $18 when you purchase the full Beach Party Collection (all five new sets and three Plain Janes) - that's like getting a whole set free! If you stop by the store, you'll also find 40% savings on the April featured set, Bountiful Backgrounds, and 15% savings on select sets for Dads and grads! You'll find all the savings in the "On SALE!" category.

Second, the Sketch For You To Try sisters are at it today, with their amazing artistry. I may have a sketch card to share in the next few days, but for today, I'm sitting out. I hope you'll have a look at the sketch and all the other designers' samples, and then give it a go for yourself!




To play along, just link your creation to today's slideshow over at Jen's.

Okay, on to today's card. This is one I've been sitting on for a while, so I'll try my best to remember all the details. The sentiment comes from Cuckoo by Hero Arts. The chipboard birdcage and bird are by May Arts. Papers are from Pink Paislee's Queen Bee 6x6 pad. I've also incorporated one of the Queen Bee Flip Notes at the top and some Queen Bee Ribbon Pleats along the bottom. The ecru trim is May Arts oops, I think it's Maya Road, actually. Ribbons are a mixture of Stampin' Up and Offray, and the button is SU. The chipboard bird is covered in dp, sanded, inked with distress inks, and adorned with a Kaiser black pearl for an eye. For the bird cage, I first painted it with gesso, then gave it a coating of Ranger's Picket Fence crackle paint. Here's a closer look at that:



Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely stunning Amy!!

Deborah Young said...

Oh my goodness, Amy...all of my favorites! Birdies, birdcages, Queen Bee and your creative genius! This is stunning.

Lynda Benden said...

This is darling Amy! I LOVE the bird and cage and the papers are just perfect! Awesome card girl!

Linda Carson said...

Pure CLASS!!

Pat Castillo said...

I just stumbled on your blog tonight and I've looked through TONS of your cards...I must say I'm quite impressed! You are very talented and I can see myself learning a lot from your designs! Very nice, elegant work!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

You never, and I mean never, cease to amaze me with your creativity and artistry Amy!! What an absolutely stunning and creative work of art this is!! I'm in awe.

Olga Solhaug said...

U rocks, Amy!! I'm just in LOVE with your cards! Muah! :))

Maggie said...

That card is just too cute for words! TFS *wink*

Maureen said...

love the birdie and cage...fabulous!!

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Amy!! Love the bird and the cage plus the pleated ribbon and all the other wonderful details you put on the card! Happy B-day to your little one too :D

Conniecrafter said...

Love the colors, the bird and cage are neat, the pleating is so pretty! love that sentiment!

June Houck said...

I was admiring your card then read that Gabriel is 3?!

Melissa Sauls said...

This card is just AMAZING!! I love every single thing about it!

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO gorgeous!