Monday, April 26, 2010

Relax ... Life Is Good



Here's another card that I made last week for Verve's latest release - seriously LOVING these new sets! This one uses a super cool, fun, hip set called Relax. I can almost hear the happy sound of waves tumbling toward my favorite sandy beach! The palm tree leaves are paper pieced and the trunks are colored with Copics. Patterned papers are from Cosmo Cricket's Garden Variety 6x6 pad. My 6yo DD and I debated at length whether the white rope twine along the bottom was too much. I won't tell you who gave in to whom :)

Relax is available on its own, or as part of the Beach Party Collection. Buy the bundle and save! And for lots of gorgeous eye candy, check out Verve's Relax gallery.

Hope you had a fantastic weekend. Thanks for visiting!




Stamps: Relax (Verve)
Paper: Papertrey Kraft card stock, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock, Stampin' Up Barely Banana card stock; Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety 6x6 designer papers
Ink: Stampin' Up Garden Green, Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo Distress Inks
Accessories: Spellbinders circle Nestabilities, paper piercer, May Arts burlap string, Papertrey button, Stampin' Up rope twine, sewing machine, foam adhesive
Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (A2)

21 comments:

WhiteRacoon said...

Veeeery cute! Love the card! The fiber-rope thingies are cool!

Unknown said...

That´s a cool card :-)

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome card, Amy! Yep this is on my list to get this weekend! Love it!

June Houck said...

Oooo, just the message I needed today. I am a nervous wreck; I have an IEP meeting for Julia at school today.

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, this set had me hook, line, sinker as soon as I saw it. Ran and bought the collection this weekend and can't wait to play with it!

Niki Estes said...

This is so neat, Amy! I love it!

Shantaie said...

I really like the white cording....so whom ever "won" made the right choice :)

Oliwiaen said...

This card is like the essence of summer: palm trees, flowers, the sun - even the cardstock reminds of sunburn :-))

Marimer said...

Como siempre perfectos y creativos, eres una gran scrapper.
Bss.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous Amy!!

Pam Speidel said...

Another winner Amy! Incredible use of this set! Love the layout and the kraft base is perfect too!

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhh, I'm really trying to resist buying this set but you're not making it easy for me with all these GORGEOUS cards!

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, has that great tropical feel!

Chris said...

super card, vintage feel, makes me want to go to an island.

Ayana Posadas said...

Wow! What a great card!
I love the colors and all the layers!

Denise Young said...

Fabulous! Makes me want to be on vacation at "ANY" sunny location. This winter was so long... now just trying to get through this late frosty Spring weather.
Love the colors and the layout. Love everything you do. Wish you lived close to me I think I could learn things from you.

Christi Flores said...

This is wonderful!! Wow!!!

Gailanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gailanne said...

The rope accent is the perfect finishing touch, in my opinion! I love this set and will be buying it for certain.

Jody Morrow said...

That is FAB!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

oh Amy I LOVE this!!! This is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!