Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spinning A Yarn



I'm lying low for a few days this week, catching up on rest and a few other non-stamping interests and getting ahead on some upcoming projects. I'll be back in a day or two with something new, but in the meantime, here's one from the Fan Club archives. The gallery theme was Chick-Lit, and my inspiration, can you guess, was The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs.

I adore this Penny Black stamp, Spinning a Yarn, which was a gift from my sweet friend, Michelle Rodgers of Stamper's Dream. The image was watercolored with Stampin' Up re-inkers and a water brush.

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Spinning a Yarn (Penny Black)
Paper: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango card stock (SU!); watercolor paper (Canson); dp (Pink Paislee)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; So Saffron, More Mustard, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Riding Hood Red, Cranberry Crisp, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Basic Gray
Accessories: flowers (Prima and Dasiy D's); black brads, scallop border punch, natural hemp, and aqua painter (SU!); foam boosters; sewing machine
Size: 5 1/2' square

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, yes. I remember this one. I loved it then...and I love it now!!!

Eva said...

Hehehee....I love that image..so adorable!!! And your card is so gorgeous..love how you used twine in the middle of the flower and your color combo is amazing!!!

Niki Estes said...

I have always loved this card, Amy! Amazing as always!

Graphicat said...

OMGoodness! this is gorgeous! I love how that bright paper in the background frames and makes your image just pop forward. Your cards ALWAYS inspire me! Thank you so much for that. Now if I can just escape work to go home and CAS your card.

Awesome stamp too BTW!!
Cheri

Crystal said...

This is adorable ! Love how you framed it all up and that tumbling ball of yarn !

Marja Sch said...

Wow such a gorgeous card. I love the stamps. Hugs Marja

Gretchen said...

I remember this one from the fan club!! Awesome! Have you read the sequel to the Friday Night Knotting Club? It's almost as good and is called Knit Too! Can't wait to see some of your new creations so get to work ;)

Country Mouse said...

This image has always been one of my favorites!! You did wonderful with it!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh, yes! I fondly remember this one, Amy! So darling, funny, and with all of your amazing details. If God is in the details, he's all over your work! :)

And GMTA -- I posted a card on my blog today from one of our DD galleries; what are the odds of that?! Hugs!

AHadley said...

Ah- this is a fav of mine for sure!!!

Marimer said...

El sello es adorable y la perfeccion que te caracteriza, es un gran trabajo, como siempre. ME ENCANTA.
Bss

Sarah said...

Great card, as always - it really made me smile! I need to get some practice with more whisical designs - mine have been all serious recently!
Thanks for cheering me up!

Sarah H

Carmen said...

Really cute card! Love the image!

Anonymous said...

What a darling, colorful card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Joan
MN

Beth Norman said...

Such an awesome card. Pure talent!

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Amy! this is so darn cute! Wish I had Archives like this! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous card Amy! Love the image and the amazing coloring! Great papers... love the stitching... the flowers... TFS!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Totally adorable Amy!

cyga said...

świetna karteczka, bardzo zabawna pięczątka i śliczne kolorwania

NatQuebec said...

Ohh it's too cute ! I have it in cross stitch :-)

Marisa said...

These chickens always make me laugh :D Great card!

Conniecrafter said...

fun stamp, love the ball hanging below the image, great colors!

Susie said...

Love this. From one of your favorite peeps!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I soooooo remember this card! Loved it then and love it now! Your coloring rocks! GREAT layout too!

Silke Ledlow said...

I remember this awesome card...love the Penny Black image too!!! Your coloring and color choices were fabulous!!! ~S~