Friday, April 23, 2010

Verve Peek: One Person



The sunny-and-70ยบ weather here in Virginia today has been almost intoxicating! All day long it has beckoned me to come out and stay out. (Or is it the weeds beckoning me to be pulled, or the screened porch beckoning me to clean it before tomorrow's birthday party?) Either way, I've obliged, but I did want to pop back inside to quickly show you another peek at one of Verve's new sets. This one is called One Person, a set of truly beautiful sentiments and gorgeous Vervalicious florals. I started with the title quote, which has always been a favorite. I stamped onto one of the paper punch-outs from Kaiser Craft's Devonshire 6x6 paper pad. The other designer paper patterns are also from Devonshire. I dry embossed the white base panel with a Cuttlebug Argyle folder. The edges are inked with Ranger Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Inks, then machine-stitched. My clean-and-simple design is still simple, just maybe no longer very "clean." I can't help it - those Distress Inks jump into my hands almost every time!

The flower embellishment is made of both a larger and smaller pair of stamps from One Person. I stamped them onto a Devonshire pattern, trimmed them out and stacked with foam tape, slightly curling the bottom flower petals downward and the top flower petals upward for more dimension. Here's a close-up:



Hope you'll be able to join Julee, Mark (aka Mr. Verve), and the Verve Divas tonight at 9 pm EST in the Verve Forum on Splitcoast for our new release Beach Party. We'll chat, reveal sets, announce winners, show more projects, and then let you shop! I'll keep an eye out for you :)


6 comments:

Jennifer said...

GREAT card! Love the embossing and flower!!

Kelly said...

lovely card. I pretty much use distress inks on everything! Addicting little pads, eh?

PawwPadd said...

Hi,
This card is wonderful. I just love the color combination and the way you've combined the different embellishments along with the different techniques to make it work! I love it!
www.pawwpadd-caseyspitterpatterchatter.blogspot.com

Danisha said...

I just love your style! Love this card as well. Those Distress Inks are hard to put down I know!

Meahni Pieterse said...

One day I want to make cards like you! I'm still practising :-) Enjoy the weather, I'm freezing!

Conniecrafter said...

pretty colors and texture, like the layering of your flower!