Friday, April 16, 2010

You Light Up My Day



Playing around with some current favorites ... October Afternoon's Thrift Shop paper pack and Impression Obsession's Love Chandelier cling stamp. I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, colored with Copics, and sponged with Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink. The sentiment, Light up My Day, also by Impression Obsession, is stamped, cut apart, individually matted, then tucked under one of the panels. I love Joanne's sentiment treatment on this card (second one down) and wanted to give it a try. Thanks, Jo! I embellished with a Martha Stewart Deco Shells punched border, some Kaiser pearls, Hero Arts clear gems, red burlap string, an ivory button, and some machine stitching. I also added some clear glitter to portions of the stamped image. Finished size is 5 1/2" square.

Check out all the New Arrivals at Stamper's Dream ... Martha Stewart punches, tons of stamps, papers, and dies. Also, coming soon ... new Flourishes and new JustRite!

Busy evening, so I better scoot. Thanks so much for visiting!

11 comments:

Shawne said...

Oooohh, your cards are just amazing, believe me when I say I hate my email getting cluttered (you are 1 of 2 I subscribe too)but I look forward to your post coming in, they are just beautiful!

coco.nut said...

beautiful card!!!

Jennifer said...

I am waiting for my TS paper to come in! I just looove this! Your work is soo inspiring! tfs : )

Unknown said...

As with the title of your post Amy, YOU light up MY day with your lovely cards. This one is a little smasher.
Hugs Viv xxx

Barbara said...

GASP!!! This takes my breath away, Amy! Perfection, that's all I have to say.

Anonymous said...

Oh my..I have just found your blog and I LOVE your designs. This card is stunning. Love all the love and detail you put into your designs. I look forward to following your blog!!

Kim Dellow said...

Wow gorgeous! Love the details. Kim

Conniecrafter said...

so sweet, neat image, love the papers and coloring, love the matting on the sentiment!

Anonymous said...

Amy - I love your card designing! I get your undates via email so I don't often dash over but this one screamed to be commented on ! Gorgeous combo of papers, punches and embellishing... I wish I could get the stitching on my Elna to look like this...just can't get the tension right. I am kicking myself today, I just passed up this MS around the page set at Michael's yesterday! bah! lol TFS
Pam Going Postal

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, I love what you did with the chandelier. Gorgeous colors, papers, andn coloring!

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous! You do the most awesome things with this image. Love the design and all the individual elements. Very pretty papers, too!