Saturday, February 5, 2011

Monster Hugs - February SFYTT


It's the first Saturday of the month, which means an all-new Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT)! Are you liking the new monthly format? Remember, every month's sketch is sponsored, so there are prize opportunities each month. Plus, if you play along in all twelve sketches, you'll be eligible for a mega prize package at the end of the year, made up of goodies from all of the year's sponsors. This month, our sponsor is Anita Be Stampin!



Here's what we're playing with in February ...



And here's my take, using the ADORABLE Monster Hugs set ...



I colored my monsters with Copic markers, trimmed them out, and layered them onto a dark gray circle. I dotted their bodies with the colorless blender for some fun, monstery texture, and the antenna and hearts are coated with glassy glaze for some shine.


The papers are from a Cut 'N' Paste Designer Mat Pad by K&Co that I picked up at Michael's not too long ago. For the horizontal strip, I layered a white MFT Jumbo Scallops borders diecut border, a gray Papertrey Eyelet Lace diecut border, and some red twine from The Twinery.

Visit the SFYTT sisters for loads more sketchy inspiration:

Jen del Muro
Amber Hight
Amy Rohl
Carole Burrage
Jodi Collins
Kelly Lunceford
Kerry Johnson
Leigh O’Brien
Megan Lock
Sony Christoph
Susan Liles
and guest designer extraordinaire ... Becky Carafa! Welcome, Becky!!

Hope you'll play along this month. You'll find all the "rules" and the entry widget on Jen's February sketch post over at i{heart}2stamp! I'll keep a sketch thumbnail and link to that post in my sidebar all month long so it will be easier to find!

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Monster Hugs (Anita Be Stampin)
Paper: Papertrey Smoky Shadow and white card stock, Stampin' Up Real Red card stock, K&Co Cut 'N' Paste Designer Mat Pad designer paper
Accessories: Copic markers, glassy glaze, Spellbinders classic circle Nestabilities, Stampin' Up large oval punch, My Favorite Things Jumbo Scallop Border Die-namics die, Papertrey Eyelet Lace border die and blue button, The Twinery red twine
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

18 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

This is absolutely ADORABLE, Amy! I just LOVE those monsters!!

Laura Pryor said...

There are SO many things I love about this design. First, I am SO loving these cutie monsters! I also love your sentiment placement. It's pretty genius and I so love your border, twine and ribbon treatment! It's so great! Fabulous insiration for the new sketch!

Megan said...

Amy, this is SO STINKIN' CUTE! I love your details and how you colored these cute little monsters. :)

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Such cuteness, Amy! You can do it all, you know it? From elegant to whimsical; you're the master! :)

Leigh OBrien said...

THIS is so cute, Amy! Love all of that bright bold color!

Kelly Lunceford said...

How cute! I love your little monsters! Great job!

Kerry Johnson said...

Love it Amy!! Your colours are fab and I adore those cute little monsters!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

eek ...Monster-cuteness Amy!!! lol Love your dotted monsters...adorable!!!

Allison said...

So cute! Love their little dotted bodies!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I just LOVE this!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is total PERFECTION Amy! LOVE all the details like that circle border and the twine! These stamps are ADORABLE!!!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

SO sweet, Amy! I love those little monsters and (of course) the bright colors!! monster hugs!

dpkennedy said...

This is so cute! I love the texture you created on those monsters! Adorable!

Rose said...

Adorable monsters, cute papers and die cuts and love the twine and buttons, fabulous card.

Tracy S said...

What a super cute card! Love your take on the sketch and how you colored those adorable monsters! Love the textures you gave them too

Dawn Easton said...

Oh gosh! How freakin' cute is this?! Adorable, Amy!

Rachel Hope said...

ADORABLE!!! Love the colors you used!!!! CUTENESS!

Anita said...

Monstrously cute! I love the colors you used. So bright and fun! You did such a fabulous job with our images. Thank you so much! :)