Friday, September 7, 2012

Hello, My Vintage Telephone Love


So, I mentioned the other day that I'd be guest designing for i {heart} papers this month. I'm excited to get started! You know how you sometimes have an idea rattling around in your head that you just have to make? That was today's project for me. As soon as I saw the Ali Edwards Love This Memory stamp set in the IHP store, I wanted it for my {struggling} Project Life project.  Then, as I was looking through the different sentiments and saw "hello my love," this vintage telephone idea popped into my head.

I found the telephone file in the Silhouette store, and die-cut it out of some navy blue polka-dot paper from the Soup Basics 2 Collection by Jillibean Soup, then accented different parts of it (such as the cord) in charcoal card stock. The sentiment is stamped on an address book pattern (how perfect!) from the Grandma's Lima Bean Soup collection by Jillibean Soup, which is also where the green background pattern and the dainty floral scallop pattern came from. Embellishments include the ruffled crochet trim just underneath the phone, some twisted burlap rope, and of course, distressing and sewing to help with the overall vintage theme.



If you're already an i {heart} papers customer, you don't need me to tell you about the wonderful product selection and the super fast shipping, but for those who aren't, two things: First, I once placed an order late at night and was shocked to see the shipping notice within 30 minutes! Of course, USPS didn't make a special midnight stop, but it was so nice knowing my order had been pulled and packed, and was ready to go out the next morning. That's about as quick as is humanly possible! (And, orders over $60 ship free -- I LOVE free shipping!)

Second, by the time your order arrives (we're talking mere days, remember), if you chance another visit to the store, it's gonna look like a whole different store (this time of year, anyway) because of all the new product arriving daily. Kate, the owner, has a wonderful "news from the {heart}" weekly newsletter, where she sends updates on all the new arrivals. The latest newsletter arrived in my inbox just this morning, and let me say, you're gonna have to hurry if you want to beat me to those new Memory Box dies! Oh my - I'm drooling over the Christmas ornaments especially! You can find the newsletter sign-up on the left sidebar of the i {heart} papers blog.

Enough chatter! Thanks so much for stopping by. Goodbye, my loves {wink}.


3 comments:

Patti Okerstrom said...

this is so cute! I love the vintage look, and a phone would work on so many occasion cards or can be a generic card when you need a extra one, thanks for inspiring me!!!!! ~Patti

Lisa H. said...

oh my goodness! this is pure beauty! love everything about it.

i {heart} papers said...

Love this card! And thank you so much for the kind words! *smooches*