Saturday, August 2, 2014

What Makes You Different Makes You Beautiful


Today I have a whole flock of Reverse Confetti's FABULOUS FLAMINGO.


really don't want to admit how many tries this card took me. Let's just say white card stock, pigment inks, and the masking technique take a lot of precision and patience (and white card stock), and I am short on all three!

I did a lot of masking to create this one-layer scene. To help differentiate one flamingo from the next, I also added some shading along the bottom of each flamingo using a dry brush with pigment ink, as well as some prismacolor pencils after the pigment ink was dry. I painted clear Wink of Stella over the two bright pink birds. The grass is done by flicking on some different green Copic markers.




The Wink of Stella is so sparkly in direct sunlight. Have a look:





Thanks for visiting today!



REVERSE CONFETTI STAMPSFabulous Flamingo
PAPER: white card stock
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Luxe Rose Bud and Angel Pink, Hero Arts Soft Granite
OTHER: baker's twine, corner rounder, Eclipse masking paper, Copic markers, ZIG Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Oliwiaen said...

I think it was worth of that effort, Amy, it looks fabulous!

Susi said...

I agree with Oliwiaen's comment above - a ton of work (and maybe a wee bit of frustration? LOL), but well worth it. FABULOUS card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Amy. Love the masking and the flock of beautiful flamingos. I have to get myself some Stella. :)

Kim S said...

Great masking - this is such a fun scene!