Thursday, May 18, 2017

Dream


I've shared before about how much I've enjoyed Queen & Co.'s Foam Front Shaker KitsInstead of using foam tape to raise your shaker window, these kits include a foam layer that's already die-cut to match the opening. The cool thing is, the foam layer has both the die-cut and the negative, which means after you create your shaker card, you still have an extra piece of foam to use on another card. 

The card below (which I blogged about HERE) uses the Circle Foam Front ...

Hello Sunshine Shaker Card


And today's card (below) uses the large circle piece of foam that I removed to create the circle shaker above.

Dream

I added a pretty floral pattern circle die-cut to the foam circle and topped that with a vellum butterfly. Together they have such a soft and dreamy look!

Before adhering the patterned paper circle to the foam circle, I stitched the vellum butterfly onto it, first stitching from the back to the front, through both the patterned paper and vellum, then through the shanks of two Green Flower Buttons, and then last, stitching front to back through the vellum and patterned paper and tying off on the back of the patterned paper. Once the stitching was finished, I adhered the patterned paper circle to the foam circle.


Dream 

For the card base, I picked out two more soft, sweet patterns from the Flirty Florals Mat Stack and layered them, allowing just the tiniest bit of pink gingham to peek out from behind the gray polka dot pattern. Next I adhered the foam circle to the center of the card and accented with Yellow and Pink Iridescent Flowers, a blue Glitter Flower, leaf die-cuts, White Iridescent Pearls and White Petite Posies.

Dream

For one final finishing touch, I wrapped Pink Sparkle String around the foam circle. I like how the string adds some definition and sparkle to the foam circle and also camouflages the vertical edge.

The foam front shaker "leftovers" are every bit as pretty and useful as the foam fronts. Be sure to save them for even more mileage from these kits!

Thanks for stopping by today!





SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments: